Saturday, March 24, 2007

The "Who Am I"s and EMIs

This month marks the end of my life as a student. Not to imply that I have done much in the name of studying in the past 6 months. I have seen many countries, enjoyed many movies, spent many hours just strolling around, paining people [and some people in particular] and so on. Padhaku types apun kabhi thaeech nahi. Woh to zalim zamana aur RG batchmates jinhone mujhe ghisne per majboor kara.
I see a lot of super-ambitious raring-to-go people around me. I also see many corporate czars in the making. I wonder what I will make.
Meanwhile, I have been poked with the question - "Aap kaun hain".
Hindi wala hmmm with index finger on my chin. To yeh lo mera jawab. I am-
-an electron in a high energy orbital
-a software engineer with no experience of working in a software company, half-baked knowledge of project management, tons of experience in Java coding, a very bad taste for giving names to variable, functions, source codes and people. And yes, I can see the hands rising in agreement to this.
-an MBA with little skills but many dreams - both wet and dry kinds.
-Bhom the Bhunderfull. I have had success in surprising people, endearing some, distracting others, making deep friends and enraging them and getting people to trust and rely on me. I have a distaste for tyrants and morally weak humans.
-an attention-grabber, a greedy hog, a jealous man.
-a lover of jalebis, watermelon, icecreams, salads, chicken [the cooked kind!], puzzles and a few more things not suitable for mention in these pages.
-a hater of cigarette smell
-the maker of fine omlettes, delicious egg-fried rice and egg curry and a cooking enthusiast
-a man-eater when hungry, but in general finicky about food, according to popular accounts
-an ardent gifter and incidental shopper
-Jonty Rhodes ka jani dushman because he made people expect so much from fielders. As you can understand, even a sleepy kachua would be better at fielding than I am.

Bas bahut ho gaya. Enough about this luchcha lafanga.

The transition from a learning phase to an earning phase is fraught with so many worries. And my major concern is if the earning is going to be as superficial as the learning has been! I hope not! Plus so many EMI considerations. Too many things to be bought blinking on the big radar of this small mind.

Tum chale jaaoge
to sochenge
Humne kya khoya
humne kya paaya

Tumko dekha
to yeh khayal aaya
Zindagi dhoop
tum ghana chaya....


3 comments:

Suryansh said...

Good job so u finally answer the all important questions [:P]

And yeah, would want to taste your omelettes man....have heard so much about them that i am wondering what is the special ingredient [;)]

arkreddy said...

hmm...but how do u know what u r and what u r not?....u r so much more..!!!! [:)]

v said...

@surya: sure. but u must do the onion peeling and cutting part! [:P] the special ingredient must remain a trade secret by the way :)

@rama: thanks, hopefully u said that in a positive sense :D