Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The 2H message!

Curse the biraadari of bacteria and virii ( or is it viruses?) for they trouble us thus. First I had a throat infection so bad that my deep baritone became deeper than Indian Ocean and Gulzar's lyrics. Then Strato suffered at the hands of these mercenaries. By the way, she is still recovering from those bacteria bullets.
Recently I had the good luck of riding a taxi that shook so wildly that if they shot me with a video camera, I would resemble a side dancer in Shammi Kapoor's classics. Between muttering unmentionables, I beseeched the almighty to protect me, especially since I haven't taken the life insurance yet. All of a sudden, the vibrations vanished into thin (and shaky) air. Was I lucky?
Talking of cars, I now spend half an hour every few days in a week cruising at 20. Sometimes I even top 30 (and that is only when there are no taxi drivers, trucks or street dogs in sight). But it gets kind of dazy at those speeds.
Am preparing (mostly mentally) for a trip abroad. A few months in the Chinki land would bring me back to the reality of how beautiful our eyes are. In the interim, I am planning to buy a Digital SLR. A 24 months EMI will hopefully take the bite out of this Canon purchase. It will most probably be this one.
I came across this revealing website. But wait, before you jump with unfounded (or new founded) excitement, it is NOT a link to Mallika's wardrobe. Just an eye opener. And here is a moral petition to all the devoutly religious Hindus all over the world : Do you realise how much milk is spilled every year washing Shiva Linga? Do you know how many hungry men, women and children inhabit the streets of India? Can you come out of the mental slavery of blind practices and be more humane? Will give you more punya than all the hawans and vrats.
I beseech my friends who understand this message to spread it around. Convince your mothers and fathers. Call it the double H agenda : Hygiene will come, Hunger will go. Use the milk to feed people, not wash Lord Shiva.
On the same lines, most religions seem to believe that God is hearing impaired. What are all those loud speakers for? The ones right beside my house have given me so much headache, I could hear some implosions. Wait, is it a decoy from Disprin?
Lord Ganesh is a very cute good (typical Indian pot bellied figure), and I am sure He will enjoy all the revelry. Revelry, but NOT the cacophony. Dear pundits, spare my ears. Please.
Talking of the habits of Indian men(and women), Prof Raghunathan has a very valid point. We are a very short sighted bunch of people. If only we all chose to be a little more patient and tolerant of rules, the traffic situation would improve. But we all go to the bed everynight and pray, "Chaos kayam rahe". So the situation is not susceptible to improving any time soon.
If you still do not use RSS feeds, consider yourself to be living in the stone age of internet. Consider the fact that I go through 200+ articles (but read only a few) every day. And these are select articles from select websites. You see the level of filtering? Only Aquaguard can better it.

Here's some 3-D lyrics (for its depth) :

ajnabi shahar hai
ajnabi shaam hai
zindagi ajnabi kya tera naam hai
ajeeb hai ye zindagi ye zindagi ajeeb hai
ye milti hai bicharti hai bicharke phir se milti hai
Ajnabi shehar hai
ajnabi shaam hai


aap ke bagair bhi hume
meethi lage udasiya
kya ye aap ka aap ka kamaal hai
shayad aapko khabar nahi
hil rahi hai paaon ki zameen
kya ye aap ka aap ka khayal hai
ajnabi shehar mein zindagi milgayi
ajeeb hai ye zindagi ye zindagi ajeeb hai
mein samjha tha kareeb hai ye auron ka naseeb hai
ajnabi shaher hai
ajnabi shaam hai

baat hai ye ek raat ki
aap badalo pe letey the
woh yaad hai aapne bulaya tha
sardi lag rahi thi aapko
patli chandi lapetey the
aur shawl mein khwaab ke sulaya tha
ajnabi thi sahi saans mein silgayi
ajeeb hai ye zindagi ye zindagi ajeeb hai
mere nahi ye zindagi rakeeb ka naseeb hai...

No comments: