Thursday, May 29, 2008

Because emotions are chemical reactions

Aren't they?
Think about it, but without emotions please.
This morning, while I was on my way to office, the thing which struck me, apart from the sudden jerks and even more sudden bumps was this.
Every emotion is a goddamn chemical reaction.
When we love someone, it is because some complex chemical molecules enter into a complicated reaction. Now I understand why relationships are said to be complex. But so is every other kind of feeling. Hatred. Envy. Deja vu.
When a person has a psychic experience, it is more likely that, just like the equations in Class XII chemistry exams, some chemical reactions got mixed up. There you see. Bam goes one molecule. Fe instead of Be. I am in ninth heaven instead of my office. Mg instead of Ca. My colleague is kissing the valet instead of giving him the car keys.
I certainly hope my molecules stay in shape.
Also, I will see comments about couples' chemistry in a very different light now. No, I haven't changed the tubelight in my house.

Much has changed since I last wrote. Wrote and posted, to be precise.

The more news I read, the more I am convinced that the taxes I pay every month are financing Mayawati's colossal bungalows, huge Ambedkar parks, expensive laptops for Mumbai Mayor, holiday junkets to Europe for MPs etc.
Ladies and gentlemen, I do not want my money to be spent on an MP's Europe trip. If I could, I would stop paying my taxes. But then, I do not want my money to be spent on bribing my way out of a tax muddle. Catch-22.

Since I do not drive a car, I do not want to finance another person's petrol. Or diesel or fertilisers. Why should I?
Support is one thing, subsidy is another.

Meanwhile, a lot of people certainly must be wishing they were in Chandigarh IPL team given its sponsor's (and you know which one I am talking about) frequent hugging gifts to the team. Ouch, did I choose a wrong career?

Sometimes, just the thought of liking something makes you feel guilty. Of stealing, cheating, hurting and more. Some emotions are so fragile, even the conscious awareness of their existence makes them evaporate into thin air. And it leaves you with the carbon black residue of mixed feelings.
Note: some molecules in my head were trying to act funny.

I stumbled upon the blogs of a few old friends including Talisma. Learnt of developments which surprised me. The only way I can react is to express my best wishes. :-)

Adios. With hopes of at least 2-3 posts a week.

Dedicated to you-know-who:

No comments: