Saturday, September 06, 2008

TOW I try to be funny

Hmm. I have been to Germany twice, and I thought it was so cold that I really wished I could bath with my sweaters on - for most of the year except June. Contrast that with Mr Kranig:
http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL343921120080903

In the same country, this happens: http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSL336567920080903
I dread the consequences of skateboarding half that fast on any Indian road - even the expressways these days sport speedbreakers - a misnomer since they should be called carbreakers.

Also noteworthy is this:
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/09/03/opinion/edconley.php?WT.mc_id=rssmostemailed

This Wednesday, I saw Rock On. And it really does rock. I mean, which was the last Hindi movie I enjoyed so much? Rang De Basanti, Taarey Zameen Par, Dil Chahta hai? In fact, there is an eery commonality in these - Aamir Khan and Farhaan Akhtar. 

On personal fronts, life is going through a rough patch. The time when I wrote the last email was a particularly nasty one. Things are cool now, though it  is somewhat like sitting on a hot stove after coming out of a furnace.

From Jodha Akbar, beautiful lyrics....

Kaise kahen kya hai sitam
Sochte hai ab yeh hum
Koi kaise kahen woh hai ya nahi humare

Karte to hai saath safar
Faasle hain phir bhi magar
Jaise milte nahi kisi dariya ke do kinare

Pass hain phir bhi paas nahi
Humko yeh gum raas nahi
Seeshe ki ek diware hai jaise darmiya

Sare sehmein nazare hain
Soye soye vaqt ke dhare hain
Aur dil mein koi khoye si baatein hain



No comments: