Sunday, July 12, 2009

Can this get worse?

The taps are dry and I have spent the whole day out in the sun, so my shirt is far from dry. I am hungry but I am reminded of the long sweaty day whenever I lie against a pillow or on the bed. Even switching on the AC at full speed doesn't help much. I worry about how I will manage to reach office tomorrow without feeling like a crumpled, sweat-drenched shirt.

To add to it, Strato refuses to talk to me. Different people behave remarkably differently to stress situations. Strato just shuts up and stops contact with just about everyone, including me. I tell you, it strikes me like Bush's shock and awe therapy. Suddenly, I have no clue whether she has lost her cell or is sleeping or is not willing to talk. As hours pass, I come to understand that there must be something bothering her. Lots of cajoling ensues. She relents to talk, only on gtalk, and then on her insistence, I decide to let her be alone, hoping that it would calm her down.

All the dishes are lying on the sink, dirty from the last day and half. I had nothing else to eat, so I decided to cook some Maggi. Half way through the process, which is when I the tastemaker into boiling water, I realised that I am short of tastemaker. A potfull of colorless tasteless cooked Maggi now lies on the sink.

So here I am, dirty and hungry and lonely.

As part of damage control, I ordered sandwich from subway and decided to take bath in the half bucket of water that is still there in the bathroom, hoping that the water shortage problem will be solved by tomorrow. Suddenly, life is not all that bad. May be, a new day will come and taps will be flush with water and Strato will talk and the dishes will be clean again.

There are worse things which have happened, but too much gloom is not good for the reader count of this blog.

May you have a better day than I did.

By the way, I watched and enjoyed ICe Age3 today. The good feeling it generated, however, is suddenly lost somewhere in all this gloom and doom situation.

No comments: