Friday, August 31, 2007

A psychotic neurotic Equation

Its not often that you will come across a person who possesses such an eclectic mix of qualities. You know na, I dance like a mosquito with fractured legs, if at all. In other cases, the resemblance is closer to a dead rat than any other known organism. And when I sing, it echoes the voice of a donkey with sore throat. So I desist, as far as possible, and it has been sufficient this far.
Stranger still are people who find, within this plethora of vices, a few qualities that attract them. I mean, yes, I've been known to crack PJs whose stink could be a potent chemical weapon. But what was it that made people fall for any of these (un)mentionable qualities? Tell Tell?
I've eaten so much of green grass in my childhood that green is my favorite color. I see everything with a tinge of green, whether it is the extra laddoo or extra secrets. I want all that and more.
The closest resemblance to my behaviour pattern would be a pseudo-random generating equation. "How nerdy/geeky!" you may exclaim. But still, Celine dion ke kutte ki awaaz mein, Thats the way it is. I can be unpredictable at times, especially when dealt with situations I don't want to be in.
One such situation is about truth. There's some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder (woh baar baar hath dhone ki bimari! ) built into my system. If I trust you, I expect you to trust me. If I am true to you, I expect the same from you. The catch is that the word 'true' can be treated to many an extreme limits. I guess I live in one of those extremeties. As Strato will readily testfy, I hate to be lied to. And the closer the liar, the more insurmountable the feeling of disbelief is. Lucky for me that life's crests and troughs have taught me to control my anger.
I also harbor very weird views about human behaviour. One of those is about relationships. To me, intimacy is like a spoonful of jam. The more the number of breads you spread it on, the thinner it gets. The more the number of people who know your deepest secrets, the lesser the special-ness of divulging that information becomes. Similarly for needs. The more the number of people you need to survive a day, the lesser the importance of each individual person.
The polygon I hate the most is a triangle. It has often hurt me, poking into my backside with a venomous tinge or tapping my peanut-sized brain into a migraine.
To top it all, patience is a virtue I never quite grew up with. I want more, and I want it faster. God knows how many surprises I must have divulged just because I couldn't wait for that special feeling to set in.
Thankfully, there exist people who appreciate the way I look at life.
To be misunderstood or taken for a ride ( in the negative sense of the word) could be the worst thing to happen!

Humrahi jab ho mastaana,
mauj mein ho dil deewana,
fir chalne wale rukte hain kehan...
-From the film Pukaar.

No comments: