Thursday, June 19, 2008

Girls Gone Wild

Or Girls Gone Mild. [This is a family blog. Mind it!]
Girls Gone Domestic, rather. Many of my friends, specifically the girls, are going through this phase. Some are meeting new guys over lunch/dinner/coffee, a few have already been 'fianceed', while a few others are devising ingenious ways to tackle family resistance to marry their chosen ones. The most adventurous ones are already back from their trips to Kerala or Switzerland or Honolulu.
Heck, I even know a friend who has her photo with a toddler in arms - now 2 years old. Oh my.
I find it tough that the age is suddenly creeping in upon people in my league. The age in which we have to choose partners. Deep inside, I feel the urge to go back to college days. Those were the days of carefree idyll, amazing activities and wild emotions. We didn't have to bother about the price of oil or the rental rates in Mumbai suburbs. Alas. [ Watching '21' was the primary catalyst for this train of thoughts.]

Alas once again. Only recently I bought a hand blender. Only today I decided to make banana shake. And see what NYT has to say about the future of bananas. It has shaved off a few percentage points from the utility of the gadget. Also, another inch from my projected belly circumference in 2010.

I have been reading some hedge fund analysis off late. Pretty quant stuff, and some macroeconomics thrown in to garnish. But a good take on the Indian markets.

No comments: