Sunday, June 08, 2008

Monsoon rains and monkey brains

I mean, really. When Mumbai corporators say Mumbai was flooded because the drains are clogged, they must think they are speaking to an audience blessed with monkey brains. Come on. They told us this reason last year. And the year before that. When will they answer to the public why they are ineffective and incapable?
Quite clearly, the immobilizing Mumbai rains don't excite me much. They probably would if I had a sea-facing apartment in Worli. But there are more than just a few crores between me and that apartment. The one below Katrina Kaif's.
My apartment mate's parents are here. My culinary senses are in ninth heaven with all the tasty food I have been consuming. But I am worried about the disappointment I will face once I have to go back to eating the tiffin food.
I have just finished reading Catch-22. Those who haven't read it should definitely give it a try. For those who can digest that style of humour, and I say this because I know not everyone might, it is fresh and tangy. A very distinct style of writing which though not gripping, is interesting nonetheless. The book is a somewhat long read but worthwhile. Having put it in the 'out' bin, I am now latched on to 'Manias, Panics and Crashes'. This is my favorite genre. Inspired by true stories but somewhat fabricated to make it more interesting. 'Barbarians at the gate' is in that category. So is 'Liar's Poker'.
This week I will try to see '21'. I hear it is a nice movie.
I stumbled upon this video. Amazing. Sweet. Dedicated to by-now-everyone-knows-who.

No comments: