Thursday, July 05, 2007

How Time Flies by

How time flies by! Only bats brimming with Glucon D can fly faster.
"Yeh duniya ke sabse tez udne walon mein se ek hai" - in the typical (and soft) Discovery Channel style.
I have become a regular office goer - 'daftar wala babu' as my sister chose to call me. Hmm. And an epitome of laziness and sloth as well. I mean, I work when I work, but it is not often that I work.

In the loooooooooong period that has passed by since I last posted anything new on this blog, numerous heart and teeth shattering things have happened. People have lost valuable stuff, and that includes trust in the naive assumption that the world is one nice place.
In fact, I guess it is a lesson learnt the real hard way. When we are in college, everything in life seems so hunky dory. The maximum trouble one faces is deciding what to do with free time, how to avoid the prying neighbours and suspecting security guards and in the worst case, somehow staying awake through a dose of lectures. Some profs in my college are ambassadors for sleeping pills.

I have finally stabilized in a rented home. Shudder. Mumbai real estate is a real pagalkhana. So many people paying so much money for a place which gets filled with drainage water. Dingy, rickety, claustrophobic houses being sold at terribly high rates.
Another indication of mehengai is the price of mangoes here. Contrast with Lucknow where, right at this moment, one gets fine dussehri mango for Rs 14 a kg. Ok lets make it 20. And in Mumbai, at that price point, I guess one can only manage to buy mango peel.

I have been planning to do a post (as in, write a post) on our 'cool gang'. It is a bunch of people ranging from matchstick-defying to Adnan Sami-defying. Watch out for this space.

Ajeeb daastan hai yeh,
kehan shuroo kehan khatam
Yeh manzilein hain kaun si,
na tum samajh sake na hum....

1 comment:

Suryansh said...

Welcome back to blogosphere !!