Thursday, July 26, 2007

Jaane kitne dinon ke baad,

Gulley mein aaj Chand nikla... or so goes the popular song.
Well, Janey kitne dinon ke baad, I hope, our housemaid will come for her chores. Its a pity how we have begun to depend on her. A few days of her absence have thrown our lives into a wild (and stinky and dirty) gear. Meanwhile, I am going through a long and deep ritual called life. Interspersed are those beautiful days called weekends, when I ketch up with Strato. Pre-Monday blues start on Sunday and the weekend spirit fills the air on Thursday night! Effectively, its a 4.5 day week. In a format borrowed from Chashmish, I will just jot down what I have been going through:
-clearly, I have acquired this habit of trying to fit every kind of written expression into bullets.
-I have begun to appreciate how missing out small details can lead to big errors. All my life, I have been known for making silly stupid mistakes. Forgetting people's names, adding instead of subtracting, confusing people's gender in the most awkward of situations, blurting out replies that dazed the audience and portrayed me as possessing an IQ level equaled only by Mallika, Paris and Pamela.
-I have been earning money now, and spending it as well. On flights, clothes and food mostly. Am going to splurge on buying gifts for people in a short while. A month back, I bought my first Swarovski. Can't describe in words how proud I felt of myself!
-I have been drawing up a lot of dreams, and intend to follow those up. I wonder how I can go on living my life, wondering once every fifth second whether I really want to keep on living the way I am.
-What makes people jealous? Which sinister chemical is it? Mujhe naam batao, mein uska khoon pee jaunga. What makes people lie? Us chemical ko to mein kachcha chaba jaunga.
-Love is not enough to live life with. You need cereals, milk, egg, bread, butter, a housemaid, laptop, cellphone and soan papdi as well.
-Sometimes, I really wish I could control the way I react to things. My own behavior at times makes me feel like a stranger to myself. How convoluted, hai na? But who do you complain to about yourself? Except yourself!

And so it has been pronounced. The maid ain't coming. In two days, the police will come because the neighbors will complain of the foul smell. My deodrant bottle will be used up in cleaning up the air here. There will be no more clothes to wear and I shall have to stay indoors. The Rin sales agent will request us to buy a bucket full of their stuff. Life will come to a standstill.

Zinda rahe doston and yarron,
to fir milenge.

Hum is baat se darte hue,
har roz sote hain,
wapis subeh jagenge
to gulistan nahi milega

kaddu hain hum
watan hai
ek gulistan hamara. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahaaaa finally an acknowledgement from the master himself [:D]

The second point is applicable to me as well and i curse myself everyday for that....but no more. I am not alone.Infact, I have a high-profile company

Aur itne hi paise aa gaye hain to kripya hum gareebon ka bhi khyal karein....saala har baar tokna padta hai !!

Borrowing ur format, Note kiya jaaye:

Aisa koi mai ka laal paida nahin hua jo chemical ka khoon pee sake.

You need cereals to live life with
You need milk to live life with
You need HOUSE MAID to live life with

I rest my case [;)][:P]



PS: Sarcasm overflows [:D]

v said...

Chashmish ji, baat ka batangad mat banayein [:D]

housemaid ke barey mein galat khayal mat rakhein [:P]

Anonymous said...

seems quite a few people have crush on their housemaids..right Vyom?...sudhre nahin ho abhi tak...pehle ****** aur ab house maid...

v said...

@anonymous dushman:
i don't know what the stars mean, but they do look very scandalous.

Duniya mein gandi soch wale logon ki kami nahi hai! hey ram!