Saturday, July 28, 2007

Kuch aise pal...

This was one of those classic days when I wonder what karam I did in the last janam to deserve such a treatment at God's hands. I mean, sit inside a taxi and get stuck in a horrible traffic jam. Sit inside an auto and roam around for change, and in doing so, take an hour to travel a distance normally traversed in 30 mins. Raise my hands in despair and hear the thud of my hand hitting the ceiling fan. Ouch. Walk out of the office and get drenched in the rain that started barely a few minutes back. Choose local trains to reduce travel time, and encounter a fully packed bogie.
Sometimes life just seems to fail me. It feels like the happy things I think about when I go to sleep are a mirage. And the day after tomorrow, that mirage will fade away in the coldness of things.
Why? Why me? I ask.
I think its the typical human tendency. Selective Amnesia. I have forgotten all the times when I have felt at the top of the world. And I have been blessed. Very well, indeed. But God has this habit of poking a needle into the expanding balloon of expectations.
Sometimes, I do indeed deserve to be treated better. Hai na?


Tujhse naraaz nahi zindagi,
hairaan hoon mein,
hairaan hoon mein
Tere massoom sawalon se,
pareshan hoon mein...

Bas. Bahut ho gaya. Baki gana radio per suno.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

abe kya baat hai. tu to daily posts likne laga.

alpana said...

aap fase the traffic me aur ham fase aapki post padkar....laga ki sara dukh dard abhi hi yaad aa gaya hai...thoda change jaroori hai...:)
kuch aur naya hua kya jindgi me dafter wale babu ke sath???
is asha ke sath ki jald milege...
byeeee