Saturday, June 20, 2009

Discovering TedTalk and wearing a nice t-shirt....

I can't believe it, but I discovered TedTalk only yesterday. It is fabulous. Thanks FB for leading me to it, and I found a lot of awesome videos. Link 1 , Link 2 and many more.
The video about Sixth sense, from Media Lab at MIT is incredible. This guy, Pranav Mistry, really is a genius. The generous applause he gets at TedTalk seems to be completely deserved, and recognition at such a forum can be a great career booster. Hats off.
A tall, attractive girl today complimented me on my t-shirt. In fact, she did it twice. Got me thinking. Well, if I hadn't been so much in love with Strato (Yes, I finally admit it in my blog), I would have tried to continue the conversation a little longer, and I believe I stood a good chance of making a good friend with her.
No, I am not reading too much into a simple compliment, but her demeanour does seem to indicate that she doesn't think I am as hideous as I sometimes I am. Anyway, ever since the love story with Strato started, I have really lost the enthu to make new friends - beyond a pleasant acquaintance.
At my cha cha class, there are a lot of interesting people. The instructor is a very funny guy who points out our mistakes and corrects them and adds humor to the whole process. The girl instructor is a beautiful lady made all the more attractive by the wonderful way in which she dances. When the two instructors dance, (I don't know if they are a couple or not), it is a sight to behold.
Then there is a girl who has just cleared her Class 12th exam. Considering the rate at which my hair are falling, I am not wrong in thinking of her as a bachchi! Well, she has a very pleasant smile and she dances reasonably well. Then there is the girl who complimented me on my t-shirt. There are others, most noticeably a gentleman, around the age of my dad, who is so well-mannered, I must tell you I am impressed. In simple gestures, he shows a gracious demeanour. If he were younger, he would be popular among the girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can the Farex baby be hideous! :D

ashkd said...

brave declaration.. :-)