Saturday, November 18, 2006

Been blogrolling and nothin'

I guess I have had too much free time off late. The clothes were washed, dried and ironed out sometime back. The room is clean. There is no lecture in a week. No travel plan for 4 days.
Though I have been obsessively watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. episodes, I begin to feel like a desperate housewife. I want some work.

Its a pity the fellow banterer is busy herself. I look at the cobweb of friends around me and wonder at how small this world is. But it still gives me creeps. Nothing can be too good to be true, isn't it?
In my childhood, I used to dream about icecream fountains and chocolate walls. I dreamt of winning a lottery. Some people do win lottery, don't they? Some people do get unimaginably lucky sometimes, don't they? I thought I was lucky to be blessed with some things, but a strange thought once clouded me. What if I woke up one day and realised that it was all but a happy dream...?
Should I pick up some morphine now? Will that make the dream last forever?

A friend of Strato says its only as complicated as you make it. Thats a simple sentence. Or is it complicated?

I was reading a rather serious article. At least the kind of discussion it has evoked in the minds of some people does give that impression. The article is titled Should IITians keep away from IIMs? and the most interesting thing I found there was the mention of Bundelkhand University. Thats the university in my city, Banda. I couldn't help noticing how it was contrasted against IITs. I mean, should I feel happy for the IITs or should I feel sad about the univ. ! ! !?!?!
At this point in time, I guess I should be branded as the champion of the most ignominous debates. When they start discussing serious topics in small chitchats, all I think is "how does it matter what you think". May be what they did would matter, but in the words of my HR prof, I don't see the connect... between what they say and what they do.

That just ignited another thought. What would an exact opposite of me look like?
Someone who :
-is good at debates and quick repartee
-has hair that just refuse to settle down
-is athletic
-has a good taste in music
-is well learned in childhood literature and other serious-er forms of writing
-is interesting and has a good sense of humor
A law in physics says that there is a good chemistry between opposites. They attract, don't they? The description doesn't imply good things about me but still !

In my free time, I also discovered a few blogs. I liked mavernik for his was a good way of presenting a serious thought. Something even a naive [or knave, if you wish ] person like me could comprehend. This blog sounded more like a commentary inspired by Sex and the City for one post, but others are interesting. Or is it just the voyeurist in me :O !

...
Let them say I'm crazy,
What do they know!
...

2 comments:

JAY said...

Man!!!!!!!!.. u have so many blogs.. i knew about only the pics at IIM A blog .. coz u had shown us that..

Good to find others wd be a regular visitor.

How come the Uni at ur place gets a mention... damn!! what is the probability that my Purulia wd there too..

anyways chao!.. when r u arriving in India.?

v said...

hi bhookhe!

i will be back in india on 15th dec.

the current and the interesting [if at all] stuff is only in 'my experiences' :)

prolly the author of that article was related to banda somehow :P