Friday, November 10, 2006

What could have been!

I just came out of a what-could-have-been moment.

I mean, I once fell into a water tank and survived. What if I hadn't been rescued in time?
Would I still have made my way to IIMA?
I guess I would. And then, some of those weird monkey cries [mating calls, some people claim] people hear in the old campus at IIMA would have come from my throat. The monkey I saw being scared away by cracker bursts could have been me. Or may be the dog that was kicked by the drunkard next door.

What if I hadn't been selected into IITK that year? All those friends I cherish now would have been my seniors. Would I have met Talisma, Sweety, Roy, Rama, my wingmates and so on?

It's a complex thought process. But one that leaves you clueless about what-could-have-been.

There's a problem with dreaming too much. And that is, that they shatter a lot. If the moment a girl smiles at you, you start thinking about what your kids are going to be called, then there is a problem. The Classical Dreamers' Dilemma.


To dream or not to dream, that is the question!
Whether its nobler in the mind to live like a dud,

or to dream and win or lose and suffer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude...don't tell me u r thinking what ur kids are gonna be called [:P]...yeah i have some suggestions...dabbiji and dabbaji [:p]...if u r thinking of more than 1 boy and 1 girl lemme know....i will think of more names [:d].

Btw, a new post is up [:)]