Monday, November 27, 2006

Al Italia

I can bet that 99% of the o-sounds originating on globe come from Italians. So much so, Ghalibiano has begun to sound more natural a sound than Ghalib.

We just came back from a three day trip to the land of pizzas, the o-sounds and so on. Roma was enchanting, Venezia was interesting and Milano was haute coutour-ish.
But I still can't believe I had the spaghetti with sea-food. I almost thought I saw something wriggle. And one of the pieces almost looked like the claw of a duck. I somehow managed to eat it and avoided all the suspicious looking pieces. Not to mention the sidey looks others gave when I struggled with the noodles. Did I tell you I hate spaghetti !?

I also liked the idea of throwing coins in the famous Trevis Fountain. Felt like a kid. I actually frown upon this tradition in most places , but this one time, I let it be. And it felt great. The best part was actually thinking that if there were one wish I wanted, what would it be! Enter Grandma.

I just had an idea of jotting down some of the phrases that I have liked over the years. Here they are:

" ...
For what I worshipped stole my love away

It was the ground beneath her feet
...
"
from U2's "The ground beneath her feet"


"And he beamed with a desire that was so fiercely intense,
his eyes burnt ."

"More than you can understand, others can believe or I can express..."

"Love means never having to say you're sorry."
And now I don't have to reference this one, do I ?

"He smiled as he saw the drop of sweat trickle down her glistening face..."

"Here's looking at you, kid. "
from the movie Casablanca

"And though I want and could ask for everything, I just ask for your time. For its not only in the promise of a future, which is so uncertain anyway, but in the ecstacy of the present that I want to be with you. I wish this could last forever. I wish this didn't have to change just because God had other plans."

No comments: