Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Last day @ WHU

And just like a flash, the time to say goodbye has come. Actually I am saying this just to feel pleasant about my stay here. I now know that the theory of relativity isn't as bizarre as it sounds. Its very much for real; the last few days have been as long a year each!

In fact, I wonder why people have not been updating their blogs. Most of the people on my blog roll haven't updated in many days. A good, albeit poignant post came up in Smoochy's blog and it struck a chord in my mind.

Some people really do stand out, and that they stand out does not take time to figure out. You instantly trust them and you trust them without misgivings. And it doesn't matter whether or how they reciprocate. You recall the remotest memories from your childhood because you are no more afraid of being stupid. And even the darkest corners of your heart are accessible to them on a coffee table. God forbid, you know in your heart that whatever comes of it, it would all be worth it. For in those sweetest moments, when you are yourself without any masks and are loved for what you are, lie the treasures that can last a long, long time.

Speaking of other concerns, packing all my stuff within the space and weight constraints is turning out to be a tricky business. The Swiss and Belgian chocolates, the gifts and souvenirs are all packed. I have skillfully packaged the glass stuff, and positioned the PlasterofParis statue. And feel like a mule who is about to carry all that luggage. Well, at least the cabin luggage would need to be carried around at times, and my gawd, it IS heavy!

It feels great to be leaving this place before the real chill has set in. Come to think of it, even my definition of 'the real chill' has changed. The 4-5 C that we frequently live in doesn't seem like an aberration. May be the 30C temperature at Mumbai will thaw a lot more than just packed chocolates!

Fodder for the chewy minds:

Oh, like it was meant to be,
a lonely heart by a lonely sea,
The sinking sun, then almost gone
and waves worn out of rocking on.

Its then that you stumbled on me,

on a dark night, by the lonely sea.

I waved across, you smiled at me

and filled my floundering heart with glee.



In those thoughts and words you said
You painted me all bright and red !

Since then I never thought of me
as a loner, walking by the sea
...





.

No comments: