Sunday, September 24, 2006

A birthday and Oktober ka Mela


Today is Strato's Birthday. This is for her :)))
With the accompanying wishes and hopes and all that.

I wonder how some people are able to tolerate so much of me. I am a little keen to make fun of people while I often suppress the compliments. Strato had a taste of that recently ;)

And when I end up revealing the compliments, my ability/tendency to exaggerate things makes the whole atmosphere a little too stoopid.
That doesn't mean I don't mean them. I mean, that post about a girl being deliciously beautifool wasn't written for nothing. All the stoopidity apart, the compliment was truly intended! :)
So was SISGB - a term I use when someone deserves to be complimented with a straight-from-the-heart She Is So Goddamn Beautiful.

We spent our Saturday at the Oktoberfest in Munich. It was great. Surrounded by people drinking around 4 liters of beer on an average, the atmosphere felt really festive. It sorta reminded me of the fare we used to have in Banda. Multiply the scale by a few thousands. [It is said that Oktoberfest is visited each year by around 6 million people]

We spent an incredible amount of time just walking around. McDonald rawksss. We just walked out the main festival gate and went in the direction that looked like it led to the market. And after a little walking along the straight road, we reached the McD outlet. I have grown a surprisingly huge appetite. This time, even the BigMac seemed to vanish into a corner.

One word summarises the Oktoberfest like nothing else. Masse [ written in German as 'Ma' followed by beta ... sort of like Maa-beta]. It means a flask. And you can see that it is really big. It measures one liter and if you consider that the Bavarian beer is stronger than other beer, you can understand what it does to people who gulp down some 3-4 liters.

When we travel around in Germany, the things uppermost in our mind are
-free WC
-water to drink
-McDonald's
I mean, who wants to spend the equivalent of Rs 30 on such trivial things as loo. And it is really difficult to find non-carbonated water anywhere in Germany.

Ghalib bhai showed his master culinary skills in cooking chicken curry for today's lunch. And he did a very good job of it. Of course he was supported by the master onion-cutter Your Truly. And YT was a little busy in trying out whether gTalk can really be used to Talk.

After all the walking last night, I was wondering if going to CC would be worth all the pain. But had pleasant conversations with CM, Cheenz, Strato and AshKD. And also did the scanning job.
Incidentally that PC on which the scanner is connected has German Windows XP. And while scanning, my only concern was that I should not accidentally print the document... it would some euros. Luckily, I knew that print is drucken in German. So I managed to scan the documents. Phew!



Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Bible, Matthew vii. 7.

2 comments:

Suryansh said...

I am really curious who is this strato....care to pm me [;)]

v said...

sorry hoga dost ;)