Friday, September 22, 2006

No I don't need them.

Them. The People.
They make such a mockery of my name. :(
Last night I went to a party and there, they misspelt my name. For a moment, I should have looked like the typical Chinese tauschie. They had called me 'Vyong'!
I mean, in the two weeks since I have come here, I have seen many different mutilations of my name. 'Vom' 'Vo' 'Vyon' 'Om' 'Yom' 'Yon'
Yes, all these and more.

Its not as if the experience has been less traumatic in India. A proff at my college gawked at my name plate and blurted out 'Bhom'. When I was young enough to wear clothes shown in kids' section, my friends , especially the more enterprising ones, called me Bhai-bho. Some teachers called me Y-om.
What do I do?

I keep a name tag handy so that I can avoid having to spell out what some people find an incredibly difficult name.
Bad look!

And no, I am definitely not a dealer in vaccuum cleaners. And my sofa is clean, so don't come with a vaccuum cleaner.

What had all the ingredients of an interesting conversation was struck out by a bolt from the blue. Its always at the wrong time that your mind decides to rebel.
When Greek beauties were beginning to get intoxicated in Sangri etc at the party last night, my stomach was growling at me. Loud enough that the inebritated Spaniard next to me mistook it for music. So Vyong went back to his apartment and had a semi-fool filling dinner.
Or may be, it was the right time. Words were beginning to come with a falter. Lack of enthu, energy or courage?

And what was it that cut it short?

I don't like obese people either. And its not related to aesthetics in anyway. Just that when I used to play see-saw in my childhood, people would come and sit on the see-saw opposite me. And I would be left hanging in thin air! It felt bad. To top it all, they would leave suddenly and that would hurt you in ways they would never get to know. The sudden fall from the top followed by the loud thud and I would scream in pain!
So I learnt the lesson the hard way. One shouldn't be in see-saw relationships with people stronger than him/her. It hurts. If you go weak on your knees when you see someone, it may not be a good idea to play see-saw with them. Try some other game!


Sorry for using the same quote again, but I like these a little too much.
from Movie Dor:

yeh honsla kaise jhuke
yeh aarzoo kaise ruke

yeh honsla kaise jhuke
yeh aarzoo kaise ruke

manzil mushkil to kya
dhundhla sahil to kya
tanha yeh dil to kya

rah pe kaante bikhre agar
us per to fir bhi chalna hi hai
shaam chupale suraj magar
raat ko ek din dhalna hi hai

rut yeh tal jayegi
himmat rang layegi
subeh fir aayegi

yeh honsla...

hogi hamein jo rehmat ada
dhoop kategi saaye tale
apni khuda se hai yeh dua
manzil laga le humko gale

zurrat sau bar rahe
uncha ikraar rahe
zinda har pyaar rahe

yeh honsla...

No comments: