Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mera bad luck hi kharab hai ...

Its one of those days when you get the feeling... "why did it have to happen to me !"
I mean, how could I have known that transferring money from one a/c to another would take one week. How could I have known that coming back to square one would take the better part of a fortnight!
The quest for a laptop has taken a frustrating and actively hostile turn. With the doggedness of a dhobi-ka-kutta, I insist that I will procure a laptop. I truly need one to keep up with the times. And to keep myself sane.

As of today, I am waiting. Dry throats and hungry eyes notwithstanding, I am waiting.
Us unkhareede laptop ki kasam, no more purchasing online.

I wish I hadn't been told about the movie PKSE. Now, I think I will have to rename my friend CoffeeMate. I think I can call him Popes. Much much better! The idea of "coffee at 12" will never feel the same again!

I read a post on a friend's blog about dogs. He seems to take a very sympathetic stance towards them. Incidentally, street dogs really piss me off. Not in the reclining-against-the-pole sense, but they have created enough nuisance for me in the past. Interrupted and almost scared me when I was walking around with Popes in the road in front of the campus one early morning [ or late night if u will]. Scared us on our adventurous walk to the Kashid beach one dark night.
And who can forget Strato's stunt that night... We were all scared, trying to form a small bunch. And there she was, holding the burning candle, quite in the 'Gumnam hai koi' fashion. Luckily, it did scare the dogs, I think.

There's something strong about German nationalism. Almost to the extent that sometimes, it creates a lot of troubles. The online banking webpage is entirely in German language, all ready-to-cook food comes with instructions in 4-5 languages (and English isn't one of them), the newspapers and TV channels are all in German! Except the movie on Sunday late night, there's very little you can understand on German TV. If for the sake of consumer convenience, businesses provided an option of communicating in English, life here would be so much easier.
Till then, ready-to-cook food is better referred to as ready-to-translate!

People in Ahmedabad are worried about dropping water table. I wish someone in this part of the world was worried about the dropping waist lines. To the extent that some waistlines begin at the absolutely limiting levels... beyond that, both the waistline and the trouser/jeans/skirt doesnt make much sense [except for the Supermans and so on...]. Granted that God is great and that everyone has the right to make his or her own choice, but still... Some of these people look more like brand ambassadors of inner wear! Details not worth mentioning/discussing/thinking about. Do what you want, but don't sit in the chair in front of me. Please.

Strangely but luckily, despite all the provocations by these @#$#@%#@ online store people, I am happy. Because in small windows of time, I have been doing what I like best to do. Garbled nonsense about serious issues, or serious discussions about nonsensical concerns. Anyway, the weather is clear and lots of clouds have been blown away.

Only If
by Enya

When there's a shadow near, reach for the sun
When there is loving here, look for the one

And for the promises, there is the sky
And for the heavens are those who can fly

If you really want to, you can hear me say
Only if you want to will you find a way

If you really want to you can seize the day
Only if you want to will you fly away
..snip..

No comments: