Thursday, October 12, 2006

And pray, what is the problem?

A friend talked to me yesterday. I was playing the role of agony unkle. I mean, insiders would jump out of their seats and lament on the fortune of the poor soul who had to resort to consulting me! But people do. Some people definitely do.
In fact, one person event went to the extent of making a case study of a recent sad incident of my life. It seems he wanted me to document the learnings from my case. Thats how deep WIMWI can imbibe its case methodology into its sincere students. May be, from his perspective, each incident is a lesson to be learnt. Sure it is, but to be able to articulate it to some third person is completely out of my abilities. Almost as bad as asking Sunny Deol to dance or Laloo to strip.
Getting back to my friend, his problem is fit enough to be declared the national problem. May be even the international problem. A guy finds a girl interesting and begins to wonder. Also begins to fear, and suspect.
Something made him think I was a good guy to reflect on this. I don't think I am but anyway.
When he began talking, I knew what he was hinting at.
I just remebered the lesson I had learnt from our Hall Warden at IITK. When I was in deep blues once, he had asked me to formulate my problem for him. I struggled for sometime and in the end, I could see that there was no problem at all.
I did the same to my friend. And guess what, he msged me today saying he was happy. I felt even happier. I mean if something I do makes someone else happy, it makes me feel at the top of the world.
Incidentally I posed the same question to myself. Then I realised that except for the occasional hiccups [ the odd meal that we skipped, or not being able to watch new movies or missing home and friend ] my life is going almost absolutely fine. Almost.

His case reminds me of a simple principle of Finance. If your company is worth $1, then a $1 bet is a verrrry risky bet. That is, if you think something is really really precious to you, you don't want to take a bet on it. And thats human nature. Mostly.

Random musings...
A question in my heart is a question in my mouth.
...
What are you afraid of?
What is the problem?

No comments: