Sunday, October 29, 2006

The morning after.

No!
Nobody ate the pill. Neither the poison pill, nor the morning after pill.

Though my evening was like any evening before,
[ Cooking dinner, resting, chatting, watching some episodes of Friends, some more chatting and so on]
the morning after was like I have never seen before. It was drizzling slightly, the trees had all turned golden and I had this smile that just wouldn't leave me.
I watched myself in the mirror and jumped in surprise.
"Who is this smiling shaitan!!!!!" ?
I washed it with my facewash. Didn't help.
I applied the Peach Milk Cream Moisturizer [Gawsh, I can't make out a moisturizer from a toothpaste! ]
but the smile was still there.
Scraping my face red with the loofa my sister gave me
didn't help either. Now I was all red and smiling.
May be its the weather that is perfect, I mused.


I tell you, before I came to Germany on this exchange trip, I had cried only a few times. Very few times. And never in a kitchen.
Now, it seems to be the norm. Twice a day, sometimes even thrice.
My lachrymose gland is working over time.
"Bas*ard"! See, it just called out!

This exchange trip has done other things to me as well:

-Every time I see a loo, I feel the urge to pee. But only when its for free.
Doesn't that mean that my bladders have evolved into a more intelligent species? I mean, apart from the Pavlovian effect of seeing-and-peeing, they also factor in the whether-its-free-or-not information! Thats what I would call a smart machine down under. Hey man, I should take an IQ test now!

-Every time I see a map, I try to read it.
Helps me get over the feeling of being lost in my life. At least there's something I know about directions.


-Every time I think of that evening, I smile.
And I still don't know how to stop it.




"...
and just because you smiled at me,
its sunshine again
..."

1 comment:

Suryansh said...

Ahaa....ahaa...bahut phool khile hain is baar [:P]....daal main luch kaala hai ya fir poori daal hi kaali hai [;)]. Kwazyquack.....achcha naam hai [:)].