Friday, October 13, 2006

Finally at lasht!

Finally at lasht, mera bad luck ka period khatam hua. ab interval chal raha hai.
iske baad i hope good luck ka period shuroo hoga!

Right now I am reading 'The Kite Runner'. Its a marvellous book, very touching, albeit almost depressing as well ! I mean, I used to think I could survive the worst tragedies without the remotest sign of flinching. But with this one, it was difficult to avoid the lumpy throat. Not once, but many times over. If too much of this doesn't distract you, I would recommend this book to you.

Of course, the biggest news in the town is that my laptop is finally here. Like me, even my processor is solo [Intel Core Solo, to be precise]. Its bright though, quite unlike me.

I was talking to a friend recently. I choose to refer to him as Ninety. When he was in his first year at IITK, he was asked by seniors to introduce himself as 'I am XYZ, and I am in my nineties'. [With minor variations] Thats the first memory I have of him. After that, I used to meet his room mate quite often to prepare for a pending scholarship test. He would often drop by and disturb us, and then get kicked in his ass. Thats my second memory of him. That 90 kg of heap somehow pushed aside and then me kicking his posteriors. I noticed that by modulating the intensity of my kicks, I could regulate the volume of his cries.
Those conquests held me in good stead as he never took panga with me. Instead, we went on to become very good friends. My most recurring memory of him is me waking him up at 5 am one day in summers and asking him for help with a terrible mess I had landed myself into.

Now that my laptop is here, I think I can afford to write a post on Ghalib bhai. Inshallah. I was worried that if it were not to his liking, he would banish me from his room. Tadipaar. Nadiya ke paar. That would snatch away my lifeline, what he refers to as my useless chatting with "people who have no work to do"!

Me and another friend were once discussing about this song called Nadiya ke paar. I mean, if you listen to the lines, you get confused about who is which paar. We could imagine the ferry-rider giving up in frustration.
Amaa yaar, ek baar dhang se clear clear batao, kaun kis paar hai aur kisko kis paar jana hai.

The latter half of the italicized text reminds me of Henry Kissinger. Or may be, just the more relevant part of his name.

[ I shudder to think of how sheetty my firsht posht from my lappytopp is going to be! ]

No comments: