Sunday, October 29, 2006

Gumnaam

I read the post of a blogger whom I admire, and felt incited. If he were a she and within a reachable distance, I might be hiding my face right now. I mean, finger marks across your cheek aren't yet in fashion! And girls in India still slap if kissed on the cheek by a stranger, don't they?
As it goes, he incited me to write something really sensational. The sort of stuff that would make headlines in all the leading tabloids. You know, the "Yeh khabar faila do akhbar mein, poster lagwa do bazar mein.." kinda feeling.
He didn't say a word to me. He doesn't even know me. But he wrote something beautiful. And I tried as well. No booti-fools. Only a longer leash for the brain waves. So far those waves were on ultrasonics, so only nocturnal insects and bats had heard my mind.
I did try. But the one who inspired me had reneged by then.
I felt like a naked man in front of Chenghis Khan's army. I retuned the frequency. Added some jungle noise. And wrote garbage.
And you are eating that garbage now.

But thats the problem with me. I have never been patient. Except when I fell to typhoid and malaria in boarding school. And it was bad, so I gave up patience.
Very few things have been able to keep me waiting for them. Jalebi [Lal or otherwise], yoghurt and chocolates top the charts.

Friend Popes won a cool 90K with Batti. I mean is that cool or what? I can already imagine him all dollar-eyed, sort of like Uncle Scrooge. And if he doesn't give the treat he has promised, BhaiLog from Dubai are eager to share the bounty! But he's a good person. Has been an accomplice in many conspiracies, past and future. I often ask him when I am in doubt.
"PizzaHut se kya order karne ka hai! "
"Manaa kar diya yaar usne, ab bol kya karun! "
"WashingMachine mein kaun sa knob ghumane ka hai? "
"Sach bolun ya nahi... pitai bhi ho sakti hai! "

And for a change, no concluding italicised text.
Garbage is better than all-revealing expressions!

No comments: