Saturday, October 14, 2006

Balanced

Thats a word I love. Though not in the manner in which HR professors seem to love Balanced Score Cards. Two people whose opinions I value have called me a balanced person.
The first of those was in Class 11 when I was in CMS. Our English teacher Mrs Chandra was, in a very different way, fond of me. Not that I was her favorite student, nor did she give me the highest marks mostly. In fact, at times, she could clearly see that I hardly put so much effort into her subject. Those were the heady days of JEE and anything except PCM was junk for us wannabes. One of those days, when I wrote a book review that she liked [ not a frequent thing to happen! ], she told everyone how balanced she thought I was. She thought I was living in a hostel for preparing for JEE and at the same time putting efforts into English! Its debatable how much effort I had put but anyway... I remember a dear friend of mine telling me how he hated it when she had said that. But I loved that and it got embossed into my memories.

The second one is Strato. Hmm. I just have this to say, "May be I am not so balanced after all! " But the compliment is embossed nevertheless!

I have had my share of imbalances like everyone else has, may be worse than average.

If there's one thing I am proud of, I think its the coterie of friends that I have developed over the years. Spread across the seven seas....
Not to forget my cooking skills, wine bottle and tin can opening skills. Make for a good resume for the shadi.com website, don't you think!

The lazy bag of bones that I am, [ and I really am just a bag of bones, my brother insists!] I always like to drop a big folder full of songs into winamp and then letting it run songs of its choice. Unless some song more suitable for being played in Kanpuriya tempos pops up, I mostly let it play. Suddenly this song started playing. The opening sounded like a first time mother inciting her child to urinate. Isssh. Ishhhhhhhhhhh. Then the song went into droves of words about kangana bedardi! Ufff! I think I need to pee.
Devdas sounds too wordy today. Reminds me of a fine saying I read somewhere which amounted to saying this.

Its through the eyes that the loudest truths are revealed, the loveliest words are said and the most probing questions asked.

Beware. I have been treating my eyes to a hefty dose of onion juice, and now even green chilli vapors.

Nigaah ki tez dhaar se bach ke rehna jee!

No comments: