Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Is everyone's life like that?

Sometimes, I wonder what drives our indifference curves to such skewness!
Especially mine.

Not watching any movies on a PC is infinitely more acceptable than reneging on the words I gave to myself. Who cares that it was a moment when my faculties of reason remporarily lapsed. Does it matter anyway? That I have forgotten what it feels like to sit alone and watch a 3hour epic?

Talking all night about childish misadventures, stupid embarassing moments and dreams is preferable to sleeping.

Come to think of it, it is a very innocous and easy target I can blame for all the faux passes I make! So what if it makes me look like the Indian PM blaming the foreign hand? It saves my skin no less!

And this song that runs in the background drives me crazy.
"KK -Pyar ke pal"
I distinctly remember that day... sometime in April 2005. I was at my usual irritating best and I had irritated my best friend a lot.
This best friend was a short sweet girl who had seen me through the many highs and lows of life at IITK. If only she weren't so much shorter than I was, I might even have likened my stay at IITK to living life in her shadows!
Now that I had irritated Sweety, I was sad. I had another fortnight at IITK and I would have hated it if we had to spend the last few days angry at each other. And then, I listened to this song, typed its lyrics and emailed her. Predictably enough, her anger subsided. The trick worked, but now this song has those memories so deeply engrossed... Every word, every imagery reminds me of Sweety.

No comments: