Saturday, July 29, 2006

Some Hindi songs I love...

Having a 1000+ playlist on winamp has distinct advantages. I get to listen to some of those old beautiful songs that I wouldn't otherwise have stumbled upon. I also revise at least a part of my I-hate-that-song list.
First the good ones, and these are only a few among my fav list.

1. "Yaadein yaad aati hain..."Sample this part of its lyrics:

"Nagme hain, shikwe hain
Kisse hain, baatein hain
Baatein bhool jaati hain
Yaadein yaad aati hain
Yeh yaadein kisi dil-o-jaanam ke
Chale jaane ke baad aati hain
Yeh yaadein, haan yeh yaadein, yaadein"

2. "Akele hain to kya gham hai..." - quite clearly! Its lyrics are so beautiful, I just cannot get bored listening to it.

3. "Gazab ka hai din" - any fine day, you can croon this song and feel special. Tease your beloved one by this song, or just hum it to yourself. Any which way, you'll love it. If not, don't mention that to me.

4. "Kuch mere dil ne kaha..." - the tale of every teenaged love. The sweet way of narrating your love story!

5. "Woh Pehli Baar..." - recount when you first met your loved one. Live in those memories. Dream about the future. But next time, watch out for sweaty hands.

6. "Pyaar ke pal ..." - very touching and very moving. Can lower any heart's melting point to room temperature.

7. "Ratiya, kaali kaali ratiya..." - when you are alone, and missing your housemaid or your gardener [or anyone else who qualifies as your first/recentmost love] , this is the one song. If you have better than a piglet's brain, you might appreciate its lyrics.

8. "Khamoshiyan gungunane lageein..." - when you want to celebrate the moment, listen.




Ok, now that reminds me, nothing good happens after 2 am,
[ except the idle banter ;) ]

Tatax!

No comments: