Wednesday, July 26, 2006

When people forget !

Sometimes I wonder why it is that people forget things so easily?
Not to say that I don't ! But sometimes, I just dont like it. And in those moments, I use my imagination to wish them the choicest of blessings - may you choke on a lizard's tail, have your nails plucked off with neanderthal equipments or have a bamboo used on you er... in unconventional ways! [whichever is more desirable and appropriate]

So, right now I am confused about what I should wish for Melody. She is unconventional, and I must imagine for her a new blessing - something like, may she accidentally swallow [and chew to her heart's delight] a dozen houseflies in today's lunch.
{Yeps, it is that irritating at times.}

But seriously, why do people trivialise things that are important to me !?
Melody often forgets to reply to my messages. Or is that a flat refusal to take cognizance of my presence on the same planet as her? Is it the I-have-other-works-as-well game?
She promises to meet me and then forgets. By God's infinite grace, I don't see her often. Rarely, I must say.
"She promised me her heart but forgot to tell me that she was on a pacemaker."

I have had many such delightful experiences. A nurse forgot that she had already punctured my bums with the king-sized needle. Five minutes later, she came and gave me the same injection on the same butt. Maa kasam, my imagination went on an overdrive. Like the throbbing sensation that comes from having double the recommended dose of some-stupid vaccine flowing in your blood. I am not used to sleeping with my bums facing the roof, so I couldn't sleep all night. And the creative juices kept flowing, wreaking havoc on the humanity at large.

Once my date forgot the venue of our rendezvous. Neither of us having a cellphone, there were very few options available, and she chose the easiest one. I was unlucky enough to have remembered both the time and venue, and true to my habit, reached there on time. For the next half an hour, I imagined that she was running to reach on time, but her sandals broke. Next hour or so, I thought she might be busy with some really really urgent work. Since I was seated near the dispensing counter, my view was blocked by obese bums and er... [fget it]. So I sat in utter waste, having spent 2 hours at the prime of my life for a date who forgot [or chose to forget, I don't know!]

Coming back to the main issue, there is very little I can wish for Melody. She has chosen to occupy that corner of my heart which is shielded from all such grudges. I can imagine her sitting well ensconced in my aorta in her usual perched-up style, tidying up her tress every alternate second. And cocking a snook at me, for lacking the gall.
Yes Melody, I can't and won't wish you anything more than this : may your nasal and cochlear hair grow longer than the hair on your head!

I wonder if people around me have a similarly venomous imagination. I guess they don't or else I would have been a ten-eyed four-dicked octopus by now. Forgetting birthdays and names of people comes naturally to me. But what has often made my day special is the tendency to forget little little things. Like returning someone's call. Or messaging someone back.

Time for a breakfast. Its been two days since I had breakfast, but I really can't complain :) Skewed curves at work again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suryansh said...

Abe saale tera dil hai ki dharamshaala....kitni ladkiyon pe line marega....har storyy ki female lead koi aur hi hai [;)]...aur ye code names ka funda bhi ajeeb hai....khair melody khao khudjaan jao.....sorry its a PJ [:D].