Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Babu Moshai !

This is dedicated to an old buddy. IR. His birthday just passed by, and a recounting of those good ol' days has been due for some time now.

The beautiful eligible ladies of the universe, Unite! And prowl on him. I bet you won't find a more handsome and smart guy in a radius of 23 light years. Contact me for more details.
I have known him very closely, in the completely non-gayish sense of the word. He has been a parDner in numerous activities, and his intellect still mightily impresses me.

I will try not to end up rewriting his "orkut testimonial" all over again. Given all the good times I have shared with him, that is a very tempting thing to do. It reminds me of the all the fun we had. Imagine:

=In the summer of 2002, we co-worked on a project. Now, summers at Kanpur are unbearably hot. Once, we were in the Computer Science Deptt ( CSE in IITK lingo) and the inside temperature in CSE is closer to zero than to outside temperatures. The elevator in CSE is completely metallic from the inside. So, we just went inside the elevator, sat there and closed the door. A minute later, suddenly, the elevator door opened. Whoever it was, he saw us suddenly getting up in a hurry. And he looked at us with curious eyes. [ Remember: Kanta ben in Kal Ho Na Ho ]

=We partnered for B Tech Project, which is a year long affair, spanning the entire 4th year. The scene was at our BTP guide's office. The prof emitted the sound of a half stifled hiccup. Under ordinary circumstances, it would be such a non-event. However, IR looked at me and suddenly burst into a loud laughter. The proff was gawking at him, and so was I. He mumbled something to the effect of advising the proff to drink some water, which turned out to be a pretty useless advice. We went on with our discussion when the proff seemed to have stabilised, but suddenly, another hiccup, another boisterous laughter and some more embarrassed gawking. The cycle repeated some 3 times. Even the prof next door saw that.

=You may not remember this IR, but you introduced me to both Talisma and Sweety!

Numerous other incidents can be told. I will refrain. 'Cos I have to devote some time to understanding the complexities of credit derivatives. Phew.
The last time I tried to deal with this issue, I ended up chatting with a chinki friend to lighten up my mood. The non sensical blabber, the TQ connotations and all the disgusting metaphors later, I realised that the night was over. A new day had come!
Another Pavlovian experiment, which today was interjected by those shocking words called 'Quiz'. Except that today, the proff decided to distribute marks for free to everyone who was present. The quiz was entirely based on formulae, it was open notes and the proff even told us the page numbers in the book where those formulae were given. I bet the ladies in the class must have wanted to kiss him if only he didn't sport a think dense beard!

How I wish other proffs, God and life were all so kind.



May it be - Enya
"The Lord of the Rings"


May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road

...snip...

May it be the shadows call
Will fly away
May it be you journey on
To light the day
When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun

...snip...

Ref: http://www.lyrics007.com/Enya%20Lyrics/May%20It%20Be%20Lyrics.html

No comments: