Friday, August 25, 2006

For the love of soan papdi

No, this is not in the manner of LalJalebi and others. This is just the Haldiram's Soan Papdi I am talking of.
I just love it. I can easily take the risk of several queasy nights just to quench my lust for SP. Like I did last night.

As it happens, yesterday was a lucky day. My trip to Mumbai turned out to be extremely lucky. The visa process took very little time, and even lesser trouble. I didn't even have to pay the visa fee. I felt like kissing the lady at the counter - an innocous peck at the forehead meaning "Thanks a lot. Game for a coffee ;) " . The Ticket Checker in the train did not pain me for not carrying the passport along with the e-ticket. [No, I didn't feel like kissing him.] I spent ~4 hours at the Crossword near Grant Road in Mumbai reading books- Blasphemy by T Durrani, selected poems of A E Poe, a primer on winetasting and an allegedly raunchy book titled something like "The Bachelorettes Party". The first two were awesome. Durrani is like God. In her portrayal of poignant moments, in unravelling the truth behind deep veils and in bringing us to question some very basic things we do. All this, only if u are sitting in a cool, spacious Crossword store with nothing better to do. I also managed to spot two beautiful poems by A E Poe : "Annabel Lee" and "For Annie". Simple, yet spirited. Quiet, yet beautiful.
Yeah yeah, you might be tempted to say, "Not Again!". I mean, I admit that I am a die-hard romantic. I like either romantic poems or sad ones.
In class 9th, I used to think the lice in this particular girl's hair were more fortunate than I was. After a few years and a little more growing up, I reserved my jealousy only for human beings!
To add to the list of good things, the girl at the counter in Crossword was gorgeous. And she had a good hindsight.

My room is quite empty and full. Just like my mind.

Probably the only thing in my mind right now is the hurry to run back to the comfort of my home. Am longing to be back there. And till that happens, I will let my work expand to fill up all the time thats left here.

Artist: Radiohead
Song: Creep
But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doing here?
I dont belong here.

No comments: