Sunday, August 13, 2006

Childish Delight!

Thats probably one of the last things one can expect to find at an institute like this. You know, it is supposed to groom managers for tomorrow. Does that leave any scope for the child of the yore?
Surprisingly it does. Amidst all the hectic schedules, deadlines, group meetings and what not, sometimes I do manage to entertain myself with a treat of childish stupidities. Endless meaningless blabber. I mean, one really can't get back to the level of "wanna-see-if-fart-is-inflammable?" stunts. . . but one can manage a decent level of pranks and jokes. You just have to find the right set of people to play them on!

Today is a friend's birthday. We tried to make it an elaborate celebration with all the surprise, cake and after-cake treat. I think he must have liked it. . . Who wouldn't ! Reminds me of the one time that I pulled off the surprise on Sweety's birthday. I managed to get a cake on time, carried it around in my carry bag, made some lame excuse for why I had to carry the bag around with me, and then, finally, at the chosen spot on our campus, I pulled the cake out of the bag. She had no clue and was mightily impressed. In HIMYM terms, I believe it was legendary.

For those of you who are not a part of the WIMWI clan, yes, we do get time for all this. All this and more. I have sifted through a few hundred poems, slept like a well-fed donkey and watched three movies almost in a row today. Not to say that the approaching end terms don't bother me! I mean, with all the competitive people around you, you can't really afford to let go of such concerns. But it is manageable, to say the least.

The weather here is beginning to get boring. Its almost as if the rain God was on diuretics. Add that to the general feeling of having survived the first term at IIMA, and you have in front of you a zombie. A zombie with an IQ just enough to understand Hollywood movies, with some help from IMDb and similar websites. Ask him to write a report on the automobile industry and he will gawk at you like you are a mix of dodo and dinosaurus.

"Here's looking at you, kid"
Ref: Casablanca

No comments: