Friday, August 04, 2006

The kiddo who never grew up!

Don't we all have a kid inside us? Not in the "what-month-is-it" manner. More in the manner of the "Natural child" they talk about in psychology.
Don't we all crave to be carefree, fight like kids and do everything that is stupid in the world of grown-ups.
I surely like to. And I think most of us like to. To fight for the extra bit of chewing gum, to argue over which cartoon character looks more stupid and play those kiddo games. It fills us with glee to watch small kids do those things. Why then do we restrain ourselves from all that fun?
What stops us? The feeling that we have grown up?
People grow up and take to drugs. What kind of a growing up is that? People do all sorts of wicked things. Fie!
If that is growing up, I am better off as a kid.
Momma's boy, they might call me. So what?
I don't suck my thumb and I don't hide behind my mom. In fact, the last time I met my mom, I was the one who was trying to sound reassuring. See, thats what I call growing up. [Apart from having to buy still longer trousers, shirts and more.]

The next time I meet my sister, if I slap her back and run, she probably won't run behind me. She'll just shrug it off by saying, "Its time you grew up, kiddo!". I go to my cousin's place, find them playing with toys and all. I attempt to sit on their toy cycle, but the space in the seat is not sufficient for even my wafer thin bums. I concede that this is a part of the problem of being a grown up.
But why lose any opportunity to enjoy life with all the crazy antics!?
Why not do those stupidities and laugh about them !?

Second year at IIM-A is giving me so much time to think about myself. So I can sit back and wonder why I am suffering from hair-loss and why ice-cubes taste so good. In a month, I will be seven seas away. In a year, I will be in a different world. Carpe Diem!

Bis Spater!

No comments: