Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The toy I was afraid to touch.

We were on a summer trip to an uncle's place. It must have been some 10 years ago I guess.
I was in a group of three boys, and my sister in her group of three girls. By then, she was grown up enough to stay away from our games. The 'doctor-doctor' game and the 'poshampa' game.
One of my uncles gifted one of the boys a nice shiny airplane. It was quite unlike the other toys we had in our coterie. It made a sound that reminded us of a real plane and it even had a red beacon that glowed. It fascinated me, and I instantly took a liking for it.
However, the very next evening, our return ticket had been booked and the elders were planning out the details of the journey. I heard them and ran off to our playroom. I looked at the airplane. I knew I only had a few more days to play with it. Every one else, including the toddlers was at the dinner table. As mom called out aloud for me, something crossed my mind, and I made a hasty decision. Sometime that evening, I took out a few screws from the plane to make it dysfunctional and interred it in our backyard. For a few days after that, everyone looked around for the airplane, some people even suspected the housemaid. "She also has a kid after all!". Of course, I never told anyone.

I have found a solution for the lemmings. I am going to get their necks cut. At a butcher's ...er... barber's shop.
I am also planning to buy a laptop. It would be a perfect companion for my lap. With a thick pillow resolutely seperately the two, just in case you got worried about the future of my khaandaan!

With end terms just a week away, methinks the frequeny of my blogging is going to fall down. How I love to talk out aloud !

Just last night, another friend of mine expressed concern for my liasion with German babes.
"German babe ke sath lupt,
hamare pyaare Mr Gupt!"
Ok, that was how I rephrased it. The actual words instead were,
"mr. gupt, germany jaakar kisi german ke saath lupt mat ho jaanaa..."
How sweet and genuine a concern :)
I wonder if I walk around with a hoarding that says, I love German babes. I mean, babes are babes, and German babes can be really flashy. But no thanks. No foreign mems for me, please. Unless her father owns a big bank!
Then it is different.

2 comments:

Suryansh said...

Even i have the same concern mr. gupt !! Btw, if u happen to find a babe with a big enough bank balance check if her sister is available for me [;)].

v said...

shore shore!
but ur concern is unfounded [;)]