Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Impossible Dreams!

I have dreams. A zillion of them. Some of them are very close to my heart. Some of them appear frivolous to my friends and they might as well call them fancies or fantasies. Others are more serious. But they are all completely asexual dreams, just in case you were curious.
It doesn't matter to me what these are called. Each one of them having been born out of some realisation, I know that they are all equally dear to me.
There are some roadblocks in discussing them with even the core group of friends. There has been miscommunication in the past which I would rather avoid, and the beauty of these dreams can only be captured in their realisation. And yeah, didn't your grandma tell you never to share your dreams with others?
Some of my dreams are nigh impossible. Other are difficult. But I am not scared.
"The impossibility of my dreams cannot stop me from dreaming. For its all so beautiful in dreams. You can live life just the way you want to."
[July 5, 2006. A colorful book]

When I was 10, I dreamt of becoming a scientist. At 14 I wanted to be a software engineer. At 20 I was confused. Today, I am clueless. The only thing I can say is that I would rather be a good man than be any of these. Having come so close to making a big decision about the future direction sometimes makes me jittery. Amidst all these serious affairs, will those small stupid fancies die an infant death? Will I be able to stand in front of Sydney Opera House, be asked to dream, and find that the girl of my dreams is the one standing in front of me? [Poora DCH ishtyle] Will I be able to make that old-age-home plus orphan-home that I have so dreamt of?

At times, life is cruel. It torments you in a way only you can understand. Your friends think you are in one of the most enviable positions. But deep inside, you know better. Every (extended) evening, before going to bed, you say the same Amen. You think about the same things. You dream of the same stuff. And you have no clue if, when and how any of those things will ever come true!

You still have the same fears. Life is hazy and full of uncertainty. You dream, desire and want. But are afraid of admitting those desires even to yourself. You fear the worst, and so you avoid even the smallest risks. You dont want to make yourself vulnerable. Like a cocoon, you live in a weird safety, not knowing that outside lies a world where you can open your wings and fly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Artist: Enya Lyrics
Song: Only Time

Who can say where the road goes,
Where the day flows, only time?
...snip...

Ref: http://www.lyrics007.com/Enya%20Lyrics/Only%20Time%20Lyrics.html

2 comments:

Shreyansh said...

Came back to this blog after a long time.
You had stopped writing last year. Glad to see that you have resumed with renewed vigour.

I enjoyed clearing the backlog here. Will be visiting often. :)

v said...

Thanks :-)
I hope I am able to keep up the josh!